Friday, September 16, 2011

Up and down...

My whole day has been kind of rocky. The fairy dust mission was succesful. Even with some fairy dust, the pain did not subside. I've had really bad gas pains all day. The visitors I had today helped ease the pain. A little laughter is the best medicine. I've been given so many drugs that it's hard to remember everyone who has been here. My mom is helping me keep a tally. I think we are over the 30 mark now. We have been trying to take pictures with everyone who has visited, but I know I missed a few.

Chris, a very good family friend (and my brother's best friend) came to visit this evening. He is a Physician's Assistant at Sutter Memorial. He gave my mom and I lots of helpful tips. We now have some more educated questions to ask the doctor and he showed us a way for me to rotate my body in bed without hurting my abdomen. I've also got great advice from one of my bestie's Xenia. Xenia is a NICU nurse in Philadelphia. It's really nice having friends in the medical field to help you understand everything. I am very thankful for both them. Instead of the Percocet, I had two IV pain killers tonight. If I wake up in the middle of the night I can request the Percocet and ambien. Chris suggested I set an alarm on my phone to wake me up five hours from now. That way I can request the pain meds before the pain comes back. I'm sticking with that plan tonight.

Everyone cross your fingers for me tomorrow. They will remove my abdomen drain and catheter in the morning. If I don't urinate on my own after 2-3 hours, they put the catheter back in. I'm done lugging around a pee purse. I'm going to urinate on my own even if I pass out trying! It's time for another fun night in the noisy hospital. Hopefully the next time you see a blog post the title will read: Home Sweet Home!
XOXO Britni

No comments:

Post a Comment