Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ouch

Today is Thursday- 2 days into my stay. The doctor's are projecting that I'll be able to go home on Saturday. I've had a CT scan, chest x-ray and lots of blood work. I don't have an absess in my stomach and I also do not have a bowel obstruction. I also don't have pneumonia. I have an ileus or an impairment of intestinal motility. (google it). I have to be here until I don't have a fever for 2 days and my white blood cell count goes back to normal. My pain pills and bowl movements also have to reach a suitable agreement. I've been in a TON of pain during this stay. I've only felt relief twice, yesterday and today... After I threw up. Obviously not the best option for feeling better, but I'll take what I can get. I'm praying I can get out of here by Saturday. If your watching the news, you know about the nurses strike. Really doesn't have an affect on us inside. I'm still being well taken care of. I don't have any more energy to write. My brother comes down today to visit me for the weekend. Other than my immediate family, I ask that no one else visit me here. I'm in too much pain to entertain.
Dodger dog update- my little girl is doing well. My dad says she is healing great! My friend Erica will be taking care of Dodger in South Lake Tahoe for the next couple of months. Thank you to my dad, John and Erica for taking care of my doggie. I miss her so much and feel awful that I can't be there to do anything.
XOXO Britni

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're going through this on top of everything else. Sending hugs and pain-free thoughts. XXOXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, kiddo. We're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete