Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Making progress

Thank you to all of the people who visited me today. Your smile and laughter was a much needed distraction. I sat up in a chair two different times today and took a lap around the nurses station once. I also have to do some breathing exercises to ward off pneumonia. I've moved on from an IV to clear liquids (two strawberry jello cups and 1/2 a bowl of chicken broth to be specific). Tomorrow I get to try heartier liquids. Hopefully I can mix in Jamba Juice or something like it. The more advanced my diet becomes and the more mobile I am, the quicker I get to go home. My IV drugs have been removed and I am on to pain pills. I just asked for an extra IV drug kick because the pain is still to intense. Hopefully the mixture of the new pain pills and an Ambein will make it easier for me to rest tonight. I still have to wear the compression pads on my calves. This keeps the blood flowing and helps prevent clots. Each time one of the pads compresses, it sends a rush of blood upward. This does not feel the best. Tomorrow I get the binder or girdle off of my stomach. The dressing from the incision site is also removed. I don't want to see my scar yet, I'm not ready.
I'm getting pretty tired now. I'm ready to doze off while enjoying my new pottery parn throw blanket (with my initials in purple- Thanks Suzanne!) and my warm purple socks (Thank you Sarah!) I'm also hopeful I'll get to enjoy some of the yummy tea the McCormick family brought.
Thank you again for your continued love and support. I'm excited to see a new crop of visitors.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment