Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy girl

Today has been a GREAT day. I can almost get off the bed by myself. I've made 6 laps around the nurses station and sat up in a chair for most of the day. I had my mom and step mom look at my scar before I did. They were ecstatic, so I decided to peak. The scar looks like someone drew on me with a pen. I have internal dissolvable staples and strips of sterile tape holding the incision together on the outside. I am very pleased with the results. I hope it will continue to heal nicely. We found my magic drug today (i.e. Why I was a happy girl) - Percocet! It didn't take away my energy and allowed me to take several pain free walks.

Thank you again to those who have visited me! Eighteen people swung by my tiny single room today- a new record! I love the new flower arrangements and yummy chocolate candy. I'm on schedule for a regular diet tomorrow. I have no desire to eat. I had a cup of oatmeal, a jello cup and a cup of pasta today. I'm sure i'll have an appetite for chocolate tomorrow! On a positive note, I'm making great strides to get out of here on Saturday. Still waiting on the "fairy dust" to come thru. It's night 3 of my hospital stay and tonight I get an ambien. They will still wake me up every four hours for vitals, but I'll be able to fall back asleep easier. I've got 45 minutes before I get my night time meds. I was already stuck in the stomach with a solution that helps prevent blood clots. I get this shot twice a day. Stings like crazy!

4 comments:

  1. You were looking so good today, Britni!...and Nancy was looking much more relaxed too. Hope you both have a good Ambien nighty-night. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. if the fairy dust poofs at night and no one hears it, does it still count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you had a good day and you're on schedule to go home soon! It's so hard to sleep in the hospital, I'm sure you'll be happy to get home. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Tracy just let some fairy dust get away.

    ReplyDelete