Thursday, September 22, 2011

Keeping my head up

I don't want to jinx anything, but I have been feeling much better since I threw up earlier. The nurse said I threw up the entire contents of my stomach. WOW! My mom helped me take a one handed shower (since my IV can't get wet). I feel SO much better now. Have you ever drank the milk after eating cocoa puffs? That's exactly what my Carnation instant breakfast tasted like. No one had to twist my arm to drink that. I've got a busy agenda for the night. The Fox News Google GOP debate at 6pm, baked potato for dinner and the season premier of Grey's Anatomy! If I'm still in good spirits Suz is going to sneak in and watch Grey's with me. It's our normal Thursday routine. Why let a hospital stay get in the way? I've also got to make a big lap around the wing tonight. My amazing nurse Lori (who has been amazing all day and is working 17 hours because of the strike) has promised me a great night's sleep with some good sleep aids. I'm ready for it!!
Dodger dog update: my brother came down from Washington today and will be staying with me for the weekend. He took Dodger to the vet to get her drains removed. She is doing great! Very resilient! He sent me a couple of pictures of her with her cone on. I needed a laugh like that. She is the sweetest best friend I've ever had. I'm glad my friends and family are taking care of my baby.
Looking forward to being home soon!
XOXO Britni

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to you getting home soon, Britni...

    ReplyDelete