Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pain and Protocol

I'm settled into my single room (one thing to be thankful for) but I am stressed out by other factors. First, my pain is pretty bad. I asked them to wake me up every two hours to give me the IV pain meds. I'm taking the highest dose of this particular kind. If the pain doesn't subside then we will talk about morphine. I'm on the same floor as my first stay but a different wing now. They are not as attentive in this wing. The gentleman who I share a bathroom with sounds like he is giving birth on the toilet. I asked the nurses if they clean the bathroom in between patients. They said that's not protocol. There is something very unsettling about having to use the same restroom as another sick person. I already have an infection. I don't want to catch what he's hacking up in there! Our room won't seem to cool down either. The fan they have on the wall sounds like it has sticks between the spokes. On top of this stuff, my treatment plan is confusing. I've had a chest ex-ray and I'll be getting a CT scan in the morning. I had to push for the morning appointment. I wanted it tonight. I want to know what is going on and how to fix it. I'm sure I'm not the nurses favorite anymore. They switched my room so I would have my own bathroom. My eye lids are heavy now. Time to start my two hour of sleep time blocks.
XOXO Britni

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe honey! I'm sorry you've landed back in the hospital, but at least there you can get more pain meds and care. Hopefully you'll get more comfortable soon.

    Love you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in There Britni! We are all thinking about you and wishing you the finest! This will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for being persistent and getting your own private bathroom. You're in the right place to get whatever is flared up fixed. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete