Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 2 ~ Happy Halloween! 

I'm in the chemo chair for week 2 of treatment. My nurse is dressed up as Cruella Deville! She looks hilarious! My first chemo experience made me nervous for treatment today. The needle hurt going in ( how could it not?) and the fluids burned as they flushed thru. I have quite the bruise from last weeks poke. This time the whole experience is better. I'm only on the magnesium bag though. I still have an anti- nausea bag and the actual chemo left to drip in. My mom and I are entertaining ourselves by taking "photo booth" pictures on our iPads. There's nothing funnier than making yourself look like an idiot. 

The side effects of treatment haven't been that bad. A little nausea, mostly fatigue. The doctor's are careful to remind me that the side effects are cumulative and will reach their height at 3-4 weeks.  The only other uncomfortable side effect is the abdominal pain. I think that's still from the surgery. Some days my abs feel sore, some days they have sharp stabbing pains.  Each day is different. 

I've been staying busy visiting with friends, napping and the occasional Law and Order marathon.  My mom's birthday is this Friday and I'm taking her to see Jim Brickman. My brother flys in at 3 on Friday and my friends Xenia & Justin fly in that night too. Xenia & Justin are taking me to Napa on Saturday night.  The Doctors given the "ok" on a little wine tasting. It's going to be an exciting weekend. Now I just have to get thru week 2! 

I hope everyone is enjoying a happy and healthy Halloween! 

XOXO Britni

1 comment:

  1. Hi Britni,

    This is Lee Siegel. Rick and I read your blog often and we admire how you are a brave young worman and how you have such a good attitude. I am a cancer surviver myself and I can tell you for sure it will all be behind someday. God only give bad things to people he knows can handle that and you are one of them. Thinking of you and sending our love.

    ReplyDelete