Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pre-op

I'm all hooked up and ready to go! I've got a nice Valium drip to keep me calm. My mom, dad, Pat and Sarah are in my pre-op room with me. I'm quite the rule breaker. I have 4 people in my room when they told me we can only have 2, I have fingernail and toenail polish on (which they said is against the rules) and I have some concealor on (again, no make-up rule). What a troublemaker! I brought my doctors some cliff bars in case they need some extra energy since I'm the second surgery of the day. All the nurses keep commenting on my surgical gown! They love it! Now it's just time to wait for the real thing. I should go up in 20-30 minutes. XOXO!

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Well its been 4 hours you should be getting close to hitting the recovery room. Been thinking about you all day and I am positive everything went smooth in surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed that your ovaries are still intact. Was going to visit you tonight but I am sure you will have plenty of company and you probably will be "out of it" for most of the evening anyway. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 5:10 p.m...Do you know where your ovaries are? I'll see you tomorrow afternoon. Have a good drug-induced wake up with your family. XOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking good thoughts for you all day and hope your surgery went as well as it could. I cracked up about the Clif bars--you are so cute! I'll see you soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew....now you've got the surgery behind you. Yippee! Enjoy your hospital cuisine (jello, pudding, meatloaf). Ugh! Maybe we can sneak you some good food! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been thinking of you today and hope you're resting comfortably. Your strength and courage will see you through this along with the support of all of us, Remember we are here for you. Please ask for help, when needed. Hope to visit Thursday if you're up to it. Sending a big hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhh. Just got word from Diana that all went well. Look forward to hearing all the details when you have recovered from lala Land.

    Linda B.

    ReplyDelete