Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fever

It's 4:30 in the morning again and I'm not sleeping well at all. I had a temperature of 100.8 at my first "vitals" check and a 101.2 temperature after the second check. The nurses helped me off the bed and on to a chair I'm supposed to sit in during the day time. My butt needed a break from the pressure of laying in bed. Laying in bed on my side puts me in annoncredible amount of pain. I prefer to sleep sitting up in this chair over being on my side in bed. They called the doctor to talk about my fever. I had 6 tubes of blood taken and a chest x-ray. I have to continue working on my breathing treatments as well. Even though I moved on to pain pills instead of the IV, the IV drugs still work better. IV drugs give me instant relief, but it doesn't last very long. The pills take 30-40 minutes to kick in, but should control the pain for a longer period of time. I prefer the combination of both. The nurses have been very accommodating and my mom is here to help me to. I can whisper that I feel nauseous and she let's the nurse know. It's hard for me to speak loudly. My mom has been a tremendous help. I feel bad that she is getting as much sleep as I am (little to none). At any rate, I'm very thankful to have her here. Time to close my eyes agin. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment