Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 1 is Done!

Day 1 went well! Chemo took a bit longer than expected, but I made it to Radiation on time. The toughest part of chemo was the IV. The needle is pretty long, but thin. They put it into a vein below my elbow. The cold fluids rushing in made my arm hurt. They put a warm compress and warm towel over the IV to relieve the discomfort.  At radiation, I had several x-rays and then the 5 minute treatment. I didn't sleep much last night and am more tired from the treatments. Glad my bed is ridiculously comfortable, I'm gonna be spending quite a bit of time in it!! 

XOXO Britni

2 comments:

  1. You have the support of many at all times. You are so fortunate to have such a wonderful Mother who is with you every step of the way. Your family and friends are ready to rally with you. We are all learning and gaining strength from you as you take this on with such a clear focus. Your wisdom is well beyond your years. After this, you will gain a perspective that will enhance the way your life in ways that many will never experience. Your friends and family have great respect and admiration of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britni,

    Steve & I continue to admire your bravery and tenacity as you beat this cancer. How comforting to have your mom & family so close to help you in your recovery. We are always thinking of you and sending you prayers with good healing thoughts. Happy Halloween ;0)

    ReplyDelete