Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Middle of week 4! Whoo-hoo!

Back in the chair for my fourth chemo treatment this past Monday. It took 2 needle pricks to find a good vein this time. Good thing this weather calls for long sleeves because my arms make me look like I have a drug habit. I have one large and medium bruise on my left forearm and five small bruises on my right forearm! Only 2 chemo treatments and 8 radiation treatments left!

 I had a very relaxing weekend- spent about 18-20 hours each day in bed. I caught the cold my mom had. Luckily for me it was just nasal congestion and a mild cough. I took a nasal decongestant on Sunday and that with a massive amount of rest seems to have cleared it up. I don't feel 100% today, but I don't even know if that's possible with everything else going on. The "D" is still an issue too, but I've added percocet into my regimen of pills. This narcotic along with the stronger imodium like drug they prescribed has helped slow things down in my intestines. 

On a bad note, another spot on my incision opened up. It's a small superficial opening, but there is a bigger fluid pocket below it too. I visited one of my doctor's after chemo and thankfully he said the opening and fluid pocket are not infected. I just have to keep a close eye on them.  The problem is more of the staples are making their way to the surface. I'm VERY weary about pulling the exposed staples out. I think it opens up the hole deeper. I'd rather they come out on their own and I cover them with a bandaid until they are fully out. I thought that skin around my incision would be numb, but it's actually very sensitive. I would be able to feel the staples being removed if they took the tweezers to them. My doctor agreed to let me do it my way since none of the staples are sticking out far enough yet to pry on. 

On a good note, I'm excited to see Tower Heist with Diana today. Then Suzanne is coming over to make Chicken & Dumplings on Thursday! Yummy! No big plans for Friday and Saturday other than relaxing more and then it's time to celebrate Nicholas's 6th Birthday on Sunday.  Now if only I could heal my friend Sarah and her adorable boys of their flus. They have been sick for WAY to long so I haven't been able to visit with them!! 

I hope everyone out there got a flu shot and is staying happy and healthy!! A little over a week until Thanksgiving! I love the fall & winter and all the family centered holidays they bring. Can't wait to stuff myself like a turkey with the rest of you! One thing is for sure, this Cancer may have given me some side effects, but it hasn't taken away my appetite! I'm still losing weight too (best diet plan ever! Hehehe) 

XOXO Britni 

No comments:

Post a Comment